Welcome to 2023! Let's talk about SMART Goals!
S – Specific
M – Measurable
A – Achievable
R – Relevant
T – Time-Bound
Goal-setting is such a valuable skill that you will use throughout your life, in and outside of school!
Today we’re going to work on setting achievable goals. Working on the HOW is even more important than WHAT, because once you perfect the method you can really plug in all types of goals! Academic, personal, professional, and social.
Here are a few questions you can ask yourself when setting SMART goals:
- Is the goal clear? If someone else reads your goal, would they have any questions?
- Can your goal be measured? Does it involve how many / much, or how often you need to do something to complete your goal?
- Is your goal realistic? Do you have or can you find the resources to complete your goal?
- Do you actually care about your goal? Will achieving your goal positively affect your life?
- Does your goal clearly state a completion date? By when will you complete your goal?
Download a copy of the below exercise and start by filling out at least 2 types of goals (academic, college, social, self-care). On the last tab, you can find an example for reference.